Pageviews

June 25, 2014

More UNDER ARMOUR for the Better

Penguins graphicsThere is already an UNDER ARMOUR store in Manila, Bonifacio Global City to be exact, but poor little old me haven’t been there. 

Not to worry because the Bicolano Penguin has been blessed with a trio of UA items the past few weeks. 

Last Holy Week, my first cuz Rex had a pasalubong for me of a neon yellow UA long sleeve shirt for running. With its neon properties, this shirt is ideal for running on the road even during night time. No excuse for the driver of an oncoming vehicle not to see me.

Running with the UA yellow long sleeve running on a hilly bike trail in Filinvest Alabang

Then, this Sunday morning, at Camp A, fellow blogger Mau aka Wandering Jouster gifted my fellow 83neans and me UA short sleeve shirts.  Ed got black, Ernie and Fards gray and me navy blue.  It was Mau’s way of saying thanks for the support we gave in her training and actual running of the Mayon 360 ultra last April. The shirts looked good on us and it was quite fitting that we all had UA shirts and Hoka shoes when we galloped thru Camp Aguinaldo. Ghibz, who came late, got his already while Naga-based Allen and Ric will have theirs by this weekend.

The blue, the gray and the black
Night time of Sunday saw the Bicolano Penguin being doubly blessed as I was the recipient of a cool UA running eyewear courtesy of my sister in law Divine and her husband Alex who recently got back from a vacation in Japan. It has been years that I have been hankering for some decent running shades to protect me from the UV rays of the tropical sun.  With this UA eyewear, it is time to hunker down and run. 

Early morning run with my UA eyewear
Looks better. Feels better. Even smells better. Jibes pretty well with  Kevin Plank’s idea of UA’s  mission  --- MAKE ALL ATHLETES BETTER.
Penguins graphics

No comments: